Sunday, November 4, 2007

I'd Rather Be Knitting...

I put off starting a knitting blog for so long, but after joining ravelry I decided that there would never be a better time or a better excuse for me start a blog. Finding projects on ravelry and checking out the journal entries linked to each project has given me so much knitting inspiration, and I hope that someone will find one of my projects on ravelry and be able to get more information about it here. That is the "purpose" of this blog anyway... to help inspire other knitters and to have more participation in the online knitting community. I'm not sure that anyone is actually reading this blog, but I've been a knitting blog lurker for so long that it does not really bother me to feel as though I am writing to myself.
Now that I finally have a blog, I feel guilty that it has been so long since my last post... I knew that this would happen, because I would much rather be knitting or spinning than writing about knitting and spinning on my blog. Nonetheless, I will do my best to keep on writing and posting pictures here!

On Saturday, October 13th I attended the Southern Indiana FiberArts Festival in Corydon, Indiana. It was a small festival, but there was plenty of fiber goodness to find. I don't have any pictures of my fiber purchases yet, but I have some pictures of the cute animals that were there (sheep, goats, and angora bunnies) and a very long table covered with fresh wool.



I will stop here for now, but I promise to post more about all that I've been knitting and spinning very soon!!